Mental Health

What makes Jamal Edwards a Mental Health Pioneer?

What makes Jamal Edwards a Mental Health Pioneer?

http://flywind.com.br/bakester/10392 I just watched a Documentary by Jamal Edwards MBE of SBTV, which follows his journey to uncover why mental health has become such an epidemic, especially for young adults.  In the Documentary, Jamal interviews relevant musicians across different genres along with Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, a Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at University College… Continue reading ⟶

A Useful Tip to Instantly Improve Your Mood

A Useful Tip to Instantly Improve Your Mood

click Earlier this year I read a book called The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky which contains several useful tips and strategies to generally become a happier person. According to Sonja’s research, statistics show that 40% of happiness is within our control, of the remaining 60%, 50% is determined by “set points” (genetics) and 10% by circumstances.… Continue reading ⟶

Communication is Key

Communication is Key

get link One of the biggest challenges I had, when it came to overcoming mental health challenges, was actually coming to terms with the fact that I had the conditions in the first place. I had always viewed myself as a strong leader and thought of it as weak to show any vulnerabilities related to my health. This was until I came to realise that it was actually through my willingness… Continue reading ⟶